Posted March 22nd 2022
Total Views 0
Star Power 0
Last updated: March 16, 2022. Visit this page in the coming months for the latest information.
Google Analytics 4 is our next-generation measurement solution, and it’s replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits. If you still rely on Universal Analytics, we recommend that you prepare to use Google Analytics 4 going forward.
Understand what’s going to happen
- Until July 1, 2023, you can continue to use and collect new data in your Universal Analytics properties.
- After July 1, 2023, you’ll be able to access your previously processed data in your Universal Analytics property for at least six months. We know your data is important to you, and we strongly encourage you to export your historical reports during this time.
- In the coming months, we’ll provide a future date for when existing Universal Analytics properties will no longer be available. After this future date, you’ll no longer be able to see your Universal Analytics reports in the Analytics interface or access your Universal Analytics data via the API.
Check if your Google Analytics property is impacted
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, you’re likely using a Universal Analytics property.
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, you’re likely using a Google Analytics 4 property already, and no action is required.
Complete your next steps
We strongly encourage you to make the switch to Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible. Doing so will allow you to build the necessary historical data and usage in the new experience, preparing you for continuity once Universal Analytics is no longer available.