Cloning MPD Dealer Website
Set up WordPress install on AWS
First, you will need to create a fresh WordPress install on AWS. You can find out how to do this by following this guide.
Cloning the dealer theme
- Download and install the InfiniteWP Client on your new WordPress install.
- Go to the control panel and click Add Website in the lower left corner and input all of the details that you just copied after installing the plugin on the new website.
- Hover over tools in the top menu, and select Install / Clone WP. Once here, click “Clone an Existing Website”, and select myproductdata.com as the source.
- After you have selected myproductdata.com, click select backup in the bottom right. Once on the next screen, click, make sure BACKUP METHOD Phoenix (beta) is selected “Create a backup now to clone” and wait for a couple of minutes.
- After the backup has been created, click “Select Destination”. Once on the destination screen, click “Existing Site” at the top, then click the “Clone Without FTP” toggle, then click the install you just created, and finally click clone.
Setting up AWS s3
- If you don’t already have the AWS CLI installed, download the AWS CLI from here .Windows https://awscli.amazonaws.com/AWSCLIV2.msi
Open your Terminal or Command Prompt and type aws configure and then set up the access and secret key from the important logins spreadsheet, then type aws s3 ls if there is no errors but a bunch of folders you should be good to go.
- Use your FTP logins that you created when you made your install on AWS, and log in.
- Open the wp-config file and look for some code that says “S3_UPLOADS_BUCKET” and “S3_UPLOADS_BUCKET_URL”. This is where you will enter the information for your install.
- On the “S3_UPLOADS_BUCKET” line, you will change wp-agilitysquared/yourinstallname/wp-content. On ‘yourinstallname’, you will enter the name of your install.
- On “S3_UPLOADS_BUCKET URL”, you will do the same. Where you see ‘myproductdata’, you will change this to your install name.
- Open your terminal and paste the command
aws s3 cp s3://wp-agilitysquared/myproductdata/ s3://wp-agilitysquared/installname/ --recursive.
Where ‘installname’ is, you will put your install name. Let this run for 15-20 minutes.
- You might get an error that says “Invalid IP6 URL”. If you see this, paste “export AWS_DEFAULT_REGION=us-east-1”, and then run the prior command again.
That is it, once those settings are up you should be good to go.