Using WAVE to diagnose ADA complianceFor Internal Use Only
It’s important to consider the accessibility of your website so that anyone can access the information that you are providing. At DesignStudio, it’s critical to us that we create an inclusive environment that allows anyone with disabilities to use your website, which is why we use a tool called WAVE to diagnose and resolve any accessibility issues that might be present on your site.
That’s why we leverage WAVE software on behalf of our clients! WAVE is a tool that we use to analyze the content on your site and identify any accessibility issues that may be present so that we can address them. Accessible content takes these things into consideration:
- Create descriptive page titles at the top of every page that is descriptive enough that a user would know what content is on that page;
- Create an outline using the appropriate header hierarchy;
- Add alternative text for every image that is descriptive of what the image portrays, purely decorative images do not need alt-tags;
- Test for color contrast – a ratio of 4.5:1 is important for visually impaired people;
- Use descriptive hyperlinks and Content that is descriptive and unique, you want the user to be able to know where they would be going if they clicked that link.
- All media and documents should meet these accessibility requirements
These elements are important in creating an inclusive environment and ensuring that any user who visits your page can see your value, view your products, and become a customer! At the end of the day, a better user experience means more leads and potential customers for your business.
If you’re looking to learn more about WAVE and how DesignStudio can leverage their tool for you, don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly DesignStudio team.